Friday, August 16, 2013

We're back!

Hello internet,

First of all, my deepest apologies to you and yours for the immense delay in new content. You know how life sometimes gets in the way of our extracurricular activities? Well that's what happened. I'm not saying it's a great excuse (in fact, it's super vague), but that's all you get. In a perfect world I'd promise new content on the regular, but that's not very realistic. What I can promise you is consistent, albeit scattered, posts. We good? Awesome. So let's get back into the swing of things with a little preview of my recent metallic favorites.

First up, Windhand. I fucking love this band. They hit all the right notes for me. It's like a slower, female-fronted version of Electric Wizard, and that's all I ever really wanted.


Next, Ashencult. Low end vocals + thrash + black metal = awesome. There are some Enslaved style harmonies thrown in for good measure and the effect is something simultaneously oppressive and uplifting.


Finally, Jucifer. The most crushing duo in metal returns with The Russian Album. It's easily the most ferocious thing the band has done thus far, and it kills just about everything.

https://soundcloud.com/brooklynvegan/jucifer-shame

No comments:

Post a Comment